FOZ DO IGUAÇU
Foz do Iguaçu (Iguassu Falls), located in the west of the State of Paraná, is among the two most visited tourist destinations in Brazil. The city is characterized by its cultural diversity and is integrated into a tri-national region, bordering Argentina and Paraguay. Foz (as it is affectionately known) has many hotel options, an international airport and a modern infrastructure to host large business events. In addition, Foz has numerous tourist attractions.
The main attractions are:
- Iguassu Falls. The impressive falls offer an immersive experience of nature by way of walking through woodland trails in close proximity to the immense waterfalls along the Iguassu River;
- Iguassu National Park. The park is protected by IBAMA (Brazilian Institute of the Environment and Renewable Natural Resources) and is shared with Argentina’s Iguazú National Park. Both are home of many rare and endangered species of flora and fauna. Among them, the giant otter and the giant anteater. The clouds of water spray produced by the waterfall are conducive to the growth of lush vegetation. The park is the home of the Iguassu Falls.
- Itaipu Dam. As one of the largest hydroelectric dams and energy producers in the world, the Itaipu Binational construction (Itaipu Dam) is located on the Paraná River, between Brazil and Paraguay;
- Bird Park. Parque das Aves as it is locally known, provides a unique opportunity to observe birds from different regions of the world. Located close to the Iguassu National Park, the Bird Park develops projects for the conservation and the protection of many species. Reptiles and butterflies can also be found in the park.
Don’t miss the opportunity to explore Foz do Iguaçu and visit its attractions during the Purines 2018 - International Congress on Purinergic Signaling in Brazil. See you soon!
MABU THERMAS & RESORT
The Mabu Thermas offers great infrastructure and leisure areas for the whole family: a complete pool with thermal springs, children’s recreational area, radical sports and fishing.
APARTMENTS AND SUITES:
- 362 apartments and suites.
- Spectacular views - options of either the forest or the thermal complex.
- Ample rooms - for up to 4 people.
- Leisure facilities.
- Tennis courts.
- Zip line - an eco-adventure and adrenaline rush for the adventurous.
- Outdoor activities - climbing, paint ball, archery, jogging, walking and many more.
- Recreation team - experienced to ensure top-notch fun.
- Fishing - a great angling experience.
Av. das Cataratas, 3175
Foz do Iguaçu - Paraná - Brazil
10 km (6 miles) from downtown city, Iguassu National Park and the airport.
Brazil is located in South America and has 26 states and one federal district – Brasília (the capital). It is a country with a multi-cultural and ethnically diverse origin, with a large territory that comprises of different ecosystems forming a rich habitat for many animals and plant species.
The most popular destinations in Brazil include: the Amazon Rainforest, Pantanal in the Midwest, beautiful beaches and dunes in the Northeast, carnival and the wonderful beaches in Rio de Janeiro, as well as, one of the 7 wonders of the world, the Iguassu Falls.
The cuisine varies from region to region, reflecting the mix of native and immigrant populations. In addition to coffee and juices, cachaça is our national beverage. It is a distilled liquor from sugar cane, that together with lime, sugar and ice make the ingredients of our national cocktail: the Caipirinha!